I actually did my report on DV on another blog posting, in case you haven't seen it yet:
So now that's it has only been 4 days since the race was completed, I thought I'd have a few comments, random deep thoughts:
- Maybe next year there could be a more indepth course description on the website, pictures, maps, elevation chart, that sorta thing.
- speaking of pictures, did you see the guy filming the whole race on various sections of the course? Hopefully there will be some finish line photos.
- The Montrail Streaks worked great....on the rocky, bare sections. Not so much on the slick roots and rocks. Not that I was racing really hard in those sections.
- Nutrition worked great, only had used 2 aid stations and even then it was just to grab M&M's and water.
- Volunteers rocked! Especially taking care of those that had to drop out of the race.
- Everyone keeps asking me, "Where did you get the gaiters from? Dirty Girl Gaiters. I was trolling the internet looking for Dirty Girls and I found this website, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
- My running has improved a lot from last year. Setting a PR by an hour is huge. I'm very happy with my performance.
- Okay, next time is Mt Si 50 mile in Snoqualmie, WA. I have not done a strategy for this race, I've never done this race before. I'm not sure I should be doing this race. But since I already paid my fee...I may DNF a race, but I try not to DNS.